Sunday 23 November 2014

British Books Challenge!

I am excited to be taking part in Fluttering Butterflies' British Books Challenge.

The premise is simple: Over the course of 2015, read 12 books (one a month) by British authors- which is, sadly, something I don't do very often.

Alas, the books I have chosen are:

  1. 1984 - George Orwell
  2. A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
  3. Solitaire - Alice Oseman
  4. Dodger - Terry Pratchett
  5. Ulysses - James Joyce
  6. Coraline - Neil Gaiman
  7. Before I Go to Sleep - S.J. Watson
  8. Birdsong - Sebastian Faulks
  9. Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro
  10. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time - Mark Haddon
  11. The Casual Vacancy - J.K. Rowling
  12. The Hobbit - J.R.R.Tolkien
Note, this books are subject to change, and I may very well end up reading more than twelve. Also, the order above will not be the order they're read in, aha.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Paige, I'm so pleased you've joined the challenge for 2015! I think you've picked a great selection of titles to start with, love the variety in age group and genre. You left a comment on my blog to say you thought you'd only read 1 or 2 British authors and actually, I think once you start becoming more aware of who are British authors you might be surprised. I checked your Goodreads reading challenge for this year and actually I counted at least 6 books which would be halfway to the yearly challenge target. So don't be too hard on yourself :) Good luck in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great list. I liked Curious Incident. It's been a long time since I read 1984 (in fact, it was 1983, because I thought I should read it before 1984!), but I liked it, too.

    I'm looking forward to this challenge!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never Let Me Go is such a wonderful book, I hope you enjoy it. Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete